Clary Sage is a renowned antidote to mild depression, anxiety and stress.
It is also useful for helping us to recover from nervous fatigue.
Prized as a treatment for women’s health issues, Clary Sage can be used to help ease menopausal symptoms, reduce spasming and painful periods while encouraging regular, healthy cycles.
How to use:
- Diffuser:Add 6-8 drops of your Clary Sage essential oil to a diffuser.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower:Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath:Add 2-3 drops in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically:Mix 1 drop of chosen essential oil with 5ml carrier oil and apply to wrists, abdomen or back of the neck.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water and soak hands or feet.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: For face & respiratory, add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, German Chamomile, Frankincense, Neroli, Orange, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang.
Consideration: Avoid use with those with cancer or tumours.
Botanical name: Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil
Is this safe for use during pregnancy?
We do not recommend using Clary Sage during pregnancy. Avoid using essential oils during the first trimester unless you are under the supervision of a qualified practitioner. See our full list of pregnancy safe oils in our FAQs.
Is this safe for children?
We do not recommend the use of Clary Sage with babies and young children due to the strong scent and euphoric qualities of this essential oil.
Is this safe to use around pets?
Use this oil with caution around pets, never use topically and store bottles out of reach. If you have any concerns contact your vet. See our full list of pet safe oils in our FAQs.
Can I ingest this oil?
Essential oils should not be taken internally unless you have consulted with a health professional or Aromatherapist first.